Often progressive schools, policies, and approaches are vulnerable to shifts in leadership, from within schools as well as external to them. In this convening conversation, we would like to explore how schools, networks like CES, and districts intentionally build progressive leaders. Questions we would like to engage with during this discussion include:
1. How does your organization or network intentionally build progressive leadership for the future?
2. What are the curriculum and structures and the types of knowledge, skills, and experience that progressive leader candidates must have in order to be ready to lead, and how does one develop them?
3. How does/could this network and/or your district contribute to building a pipeline of progressive leadership candidates?
4. How should teacher leaders be leveraged in building such pipeline?
5. How can we help each other at a national scale put this work on the map and share strong practices and candidates?
Please see the Networking Conversations document deslgned to guide this conversation: http://bit.ly/NetworkingConversations2016.